Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Message To My U14 Girls...

Hey Girls!

I'm missing you as much as you may be missing me.  This is a great learning experience for us all, though.  I'm where I am, looking out for your future.  Your next challenge is to figure out the mental game and play as if I were there.  I came across a line that I wanted to share with you guys, that I hope might help your mentality.

"There's some people who are so much a part of us, they'll be with us no matter what.  They are our solid ground.  Our North Star.  And the small clear voice in our hearts that will be with us... always."

This weekend I'm that small clear voice.  You all know what to do.  You all will make me proud no matter what.  The past two years, we've fought through adversity and the next few days will be no different.  Let's all share the responsibilities, whether it be in goal, on defense, midfield, or forward.  Play for each other!  Lead by example.  Be dynamic and cutthroat.  Communicate.  Play with passion.  And again... when in doubt, listen to that small clear voice and trust your instincts.

Keep me posted on each game, and know I'm always thinking of you.  :)

"Leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
-Mitt Romney

No comments:

Post a Comment